- IMPROVE YOUR HOMES ENERGY EFFICIENCY. You can start small by replacing your regular bulbs in light fixtures for LED bulbs, seal your windows, and/or unplug unused chargers.
- BUY LOCAL FROM REPUTABLE FARMS. Know where your food is coming from and how it is being produced. You can check out local farmers markets to get to know the local farmers.
- CHOOSE ECO-FRIENDLY PRODUCERS/COMPANIES OR SHOP THRIFT. Try to avoid shopping at “fast fashion outlets” and save money by shopping thrift. I’ve found some amazing high quality finds at the Salvation Army and they have Monday Madness sales where certain colored tags on clothes are only a dollar!
- USE RE-USABLE BAGS, CONTAINERS & BOTTLES. Be more vigilant in remembering to grab your re-usable bag from your car when you go shopping and use the same bottle for all of your beverages if you can!
- SAVE WATER. With looming water shortages and warnings, it’s best to start early. You can start by cutting showers short, shrink your lawn, and if you’re compelled to wash your car take it to a car wash that recycles the water rather than washing it at home with a hose.
HOPE THIS HELPED YOU BECOME A BIT MORE ENVIRONMENTALLY SAVVY! OF COURSE THESE ARE JUST BABY STEPS IN A MUCH BIGGER PROBLEM BUT IT’S A START IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO END CLIMATE CHANGE!
“LIKE” our Facebook page or “SHARE” this post to be entered into our quarterly draw for a $150.00 gift card!!!
We thrive off of your continued support and client referrals. Let us reward you for helping us get our name out into the community! Please mention who referred you or how you heard from us, when filling out your mortgage application. The name you give us will also be entered into the same draw for coming in to see us!
We are open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. Kevin Decker can also be reached after hours at 250 619 2262 and Jason Barudin can be reached at 250 668 2203.