Reasons To Live On Vancouver Island
Vancouver Island will provide you with adventures to last a lifetime. From scenic mountain views to stunning sandy beaches, the island has something for everyone! Here’s a list of 3 reasons you will fall in love with life on the island:
- The Hikes: Explore the Juan De Fuca Marine, West Coast or Cape Scott trails! You’ll see awe-inspiring old-growth Sitka spruce trees, waterfalls, suspension bridges, white sand beaches that interpose the coastline and so much more! We mustn’t forget the wildlife as well! Be prepared to spot bald eagles, bears, sea lions, whales, and even rare blond raccoons!
- The Cities: From Victoria to Port Hardy, each and every city has its own unique charm and character.
- Visit Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, to tour the Parliament Building, Chinatown, or partake in a walking tour of Craigdarroch Castle!
- Stop in Nanaimo! Snack on a scrumptious Nanaimo Bar from McLean’s Specialty Foods or visit Tea on the Quay and watch the sunset over the Harbour City as the Harbour Air seaplanes land and take off.
- We can’t forget Tofino! Surf, fish, kayak or lounge in Hot Springs Cove! Then finish the day off with a drink from the Tofino Brewing Company.
- Museums a plenty! Vancouver Island is rich in history dating as far back as 1843. You’ll love learning about Nanaimo’s former pirate mayor, Victoria’s engaging and spine tingling Ghost Tours, and Canada’s Indigenous culture and heritage.
These are just a few of the many reasons we call this island home. Contact Mid-Island Mortgage & Savings Ltd. today about finding your perfect home on Vancouver Island! Call us Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm at 250 753 2242. Kevin Decker can be reached after hours at 250 619 2262 and Jason Barudin can be reached after hours at 250 668 2203.
In partnership with and written by xoxomelodyinsta on Instagram.
Special Thanks to:
Harbour Air Seaplanes
Unit 1A-90 Front Street
Phone: 250 714 0900
McLean’s Specialty Foods
#426 Fitzwilliam Street
Phone: 250 754 0100
Tea on the Quay
#3-90 Front Street
Phone: 250 591 0330
Tofino Brewing Company
#691 Industrial Way
Phone: 250 725 2899